I have an confession.
Lately, I have been having a really hard time taking care of my hair. Now I’ve never been a superstar when it comes to haircare – in fact I’ve been damn near abusive. My coily locks have been natural, unnatural, dyed, blowed out, back to natural again, etc. Yet somehow, my hair has always manages to forgive me, growing back with the same thickness and strength it had before. That was until I had a kid of course. My hair, like my vagina, would never be the same again.
First of all, my hair grows much slower than it used to. That freaking sucks. Second, my hair texture is weird. its like my 4c coils aren’t as coily – which for the most part is a good thing. But what bothers me the most is that my hair doesn’t feel as thick. I hate that. Getting to my scalp is a lot easier now, but I took a lot of pride in the thickness of my afro. Now, it’s looking a little less fluffy up there. Suddenly every bit of breakage seemhaircare, s like the end of the world, so I have to do what I can to minimize it.
Like this bomb Avocado Honey Hair Mask recipe 🙂
Avocado Honey Hair Mask
What it does:
Hydrates hair and scalp
Protects hair from heat damage
*Honey is also a humectant — in that it attracts and helps hair retain moisture.
What you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2-3 drops grapefruit essential oil (optional)
How to create:
1. Prep avocado. Peel, pit and smash.
2. In a mixer or blender, add in the avocado, olive oil, raw honey and essential oil. Whip ingredients together on high until smooth.
3. Slightly dampen hair with water and spread mask onto hair. You can use your hands or a application brush. I recommend working in sections!
4. Once applied, clip your hair onto the top of your head, cover with shower cap, and heat. You can either sit under a hair dryer for 15 minutes or sit in the sun for 30-45 minutes i whichever you prefer, weather permitting.
5. Remove shower cap and rinse out mask in shower with warm water thoroughly.
6. Wash and condition hair, if needed. Then style it as usual!
Say hello to soft, silky hydrated hair! BOOM!
Save this article for later by pinning the image above and follow HypeGirls on Pinterest for more!