This holiday why not gift that special man in your life with the secret to a well-groomed beard?
This DIY beard oil blend is one of my favorite recipes for guys. I accidentally made this potion while trying to create a whiskey hair wash (which was completely unsuccessful btw). Instead, I create this awesome beard oil that keeps facial hair soft and manageable. Oh and did I mention it smells amazing?
For this holiday gift recipe I went for a masculine, spicy scent that wasn’t too girly. I used Cinnamon Leaf and Frankincense essential oils for this spicy aromatic scent because they go well with the whiskey smell – plus they dull it out just enough so your man won’t be smelling like he just left the bar. It’s a gift for both of you 🙂
So here’s how to make this DIY Beard Oil happen:
What you need:
- 1/2 ounce whiskey
- 1/2 ounce jojoba oil
- 1/2 grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 6-8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2-3 drop Cinnamon Leaf essential oil
- Small funnel
- 2oz or bigger spray bottle ( I found these 2.4 ounce plastic bottles at Target for 98 cents in the cosmetic section, travel items area)
How to create:
- Combine whiskey, water and grapeseed oil in 2oz + bottle using your small funnel
- Shake well to mix the oils.
- Add in jojoba oil, Frankincense and Cinnamon Leaf essential oils
- Shake well again!
To use, just spray a desired amount on beard comb or palms of hands and work into beard.
*This is a great holiday gift DIY recipe! But remember, essential oils can irritate sensitive skin, eyes and mucous membranes. Test skin first, use carefully and keep out of the reach of children! For external use only.