DIY Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub
Pink Himalayan Salt has been one of the hottest food trends over the past couple years. It is best known for its culinary health benefits, but it actually has some powerful therapeutic properties as well. Himalayan Pink Salt is packed with minerals and iron, and when combined with sodium work as a powerful detoxifier for your skin. Once you add in the right carrier oils, this recipe can do wonders to help heal dry skin. Try making this Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub for yourself at home. You can also purchase this scrub on shopHYPE! 20% of our profits go to charity.
What is does:
Hydrates dry skin
What you need:
- 1/2 cup of fine grain Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup of medium grain Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp of Almond Oil
- 1 tsp of Rose Water
- 5 drops Lavender Oil
- 1 sprig of fresh Lavender (garnish)
How to create:
- Combine ingredients in jar and mix well.
- Scrub should be a thick consistency. If too oily, add in more salt.
- Garnish with fresh Lavender and allow it sit for one hour.
***For longer life. store scrub in the refrigerator
You can use this scrub on your face or body. Just be careful not to use if you have any open sores or cuts as it may sting! Enjoy 🙂
Want to learn how to make your own scrub? Come to our next ‘Build Your Own Body Scrub’ Workshop at the Raddest Craft Fair August, 6 2016 at Wynwood Yard. RSVP is required. More deets coming soon!