- Non-clogging moisturizer
- Speeds up skin cell reproduction
- Anti-aging and anti-inflammatory
- Lightens and heals blemishes
- Reduces acne and infection
If you don’t already know, it’s the cold season for many of us and that means your skin may be experiencing some extra dryness.
I live in Miami, the weather is humid most of the time. I can usually get away with using just a little bit of coconut oil through the year. But as it gets closer to December, the air becomes drier and sometimes leaves my skin looking ashy, and that includes the skin on my face. Big problem.
Using heavy creams on my face is not my thing, I hate how the weighs my skin down and clogs my pores. But when the coconut oil isn’t cutting it, I don’t really have many other options.
Enter the amazing, all-natural Aloe Vera plant – woo hoo!
If you didn’t know, Aloe Vera is LIFE
And if you haven’t already done so, hit up your local farmers market and purchase a small aloe vera plant for your home. It will change your life. Not only does it look really cool, but it actually serves a purpose and is easy to care for. When you’re feeling dry, just cut off one of the plant’s tentacles and squeeze the gel out. Make sure the gel is a clear, jelly-like substance — not yellowish (this is aloe latex). And don’t worry about ruining your plant, aloe vera is extremely sturdy and will seal itself back up to keep growing.
And now, here is the moment you’ve been waiting for – the Cucumber Aloe Vera Face Mask:
What you need:
- 1 cucumber – preferably organic
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera
How to create:
1. Peel the cucumber and place it in a blender with two tbsp of aloe vera.
2. Blend ingredients together until they form into a thick consistent mixture — should be nice and pasty.
How to use:
1. Spread the paste all over the face. Let sit for 20-25 minutes – I know it seems like forever, so relax, read a book or do some adult coloring.
2. Rinse off the mask with cold water, pat skin to dry and apply your favorite natural moisturizer. Good to go mama!
Share your recipes with me on Instagram @hypegirls
On Facebook? Leave your comments below!