Getting your kids to eat healthy is so easy with this Granola Berry Chia Pops recipe! Like many of my other food recipes, I created this simple recipe by accident, I was actually attempting to make plain yogurt and berry pops with chia. I accidentally added the granola and honey out of habit (I make greek yogurt with granola and honey about 10 times a week lol) but I decided it sounded good so why not?
Turn outs, I was right – they are delicious. And my son LOVES them, making it the perfect mommy and me snack! So here you are mamas, the recipe you’ve been waiting for:
*Warning, these are highly additive and extremely healthy 🙂
What you need (Use organics!):
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (plain) I use Chobani yogurts
- 1 cup granola (any organic, gmo-free brand)
- 1 cup of mixed berries (for this I used a mix of fresh organic blackberries, blueberries, raspberries & strawberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Mix yogurt, granola, chia seed and honey in a bowl.
- Pour into popsicle molds while adding in mixed berries as desired.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours. Serve!
***Tip: Smaller children I recommended cutting the berries in half. This way they don’t bite off any big chunks of fruit. Or you can purée the berries separately and then mix them in with the ingredients and pour into molds. Also, you can try using a flavored yogurt like vanilla – makes it even more yummy!