We all want our “ideal body”! Some of us want to lose weight, some of us want to gain it, some of us want to be ripped and others desire a more “slender” look. What ever it may be, we all have in mind what we want our bodies to look like, but unfortunately it’s not always so easy to get there.
This week in ‘Hype Health’, we’ve discovered a drink that we’ve tested ourselves that actually helps in losing weight in a healthy, faster way. What’s our secret? Green Tea ‘Superfruit’ with Acai + Blueberry.
Green Tea is one of the most beneficial beverages you can drink. Take a look below at the ’11 Benefits of Green Tea That You Didn’t Know About'[Courtesy of LifeHack.org]
- Weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Heart Disease. Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
- Tooth Decay. Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
- Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial. Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage.
Green Tea obviously should be any one’s beverage of choice with all of its benefits, so why don’t we drink it?! Because of the taste of course! Green Tea isn’t always the best tasting alternative, but with everything that it does to improve your body, we’re pretty sure you can ignore the taste.
Green Tea is great, but Green Tea Superfruit + Acai just adds on that last 1% reason why you should have at least one cup of tea a day. Acai is known to help improve and stimulate weight loss. So adding that to Green Tea, which is already a metabolism booster helps you to literally drop weight a lot faster!