It’s that time again! Sunday Funday has arrived and this week we are giving you three of our fave dessert recipes! Remember this is Sunday Funday…the ONE day out of the week where you relax and don’t stress about life, that doesn’t mean you can skip the gym tomorrow. After chowing down on these desserts you might want to do just an extra ten on the treadmill! ; )
Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Cookie Sandwiches
- One 17.5-ounce package sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling, recipe follows
- Sliced bananas, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix and cocoa powder. Add the butter and egg, stirring until combined. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. (You should have about 30.) Place on the lined baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake until the edges of the cookies are crisp, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove the cookies from the sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
Spread about 1 teaspoon Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling over the flat side of half the cookies. Add the banana slices if desired. Cover with the remaining cookies, flat side down. If using bananas, serve immediately.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling:
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, peanut butter and heavy cream. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 cup
Gourmet Pretzel Rods
- In a microwave safe dish, combine caramels and water. Microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after each minute.
- Dip a pretzel rod into melted caramel. Reserve about an inch at the end to use as a handle, and spread smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Attach 12 chocolate pieces, then roll in chopped peanuts. Place on wax paper until set.
Toasted Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Toast the frozen waffle, immediately spread with butter and cut the waffle in half. Place a scoop of ice cream on one half of the waffle, distributing evenly. Drizzle the ice cream with maple syrup; top the ice cream with the other half of the waffle and gently press to seal the sandwich.